A quote from the mentioned page…
One problem with this view of how civilization came about (I know, I promised you Easy Answers, but this is just a brief digression), is that it assumes most of the behaviors were instituted “by” one sex “against” the other. Or, in other words, that males are mostly worrying about what females might do and vice versa. Looking at our chimp-like males, however, we can see that a major preoccupation behind all the politics is fear of their own violence. Even more specifically, we can detect that 90% of males (use your favorite percentages etc.) are scared shitless of being stomped on by the other 10% of males who not only are capable of violence but who really really enjoy violence (the so-called “demonic males”, as one recent book title terms them). So one of the major motivators of civilization is not only to keep females from banding together and getting power but also to hide the average males from any dangerous confrontations with the demonic males lurking in their midst. Seen from this vantage point, the male obsession with Rules is a way of trying to sneakily depersonalize confrontations with the demonic males (“now if it were up to me, sure, but the rules say…”), the male obsession with Gadgets and technology is a way of giving the 98 pound weakling some protection against the demonic males, the male lionization of Sports and contests is a way of placating the demonic males by heaping them with honors, etc.
Dr. Suzy’s Birthday Bacchanal Saturday, June 10th, 2017 with a Galaxy of Stars! – Next Saturday night, June 10th, The Dr. Susan Block Show will celebrate international sexologist and Bonobo Way author Dr. Susan Block’s birthday and another great year in Bonoboville with a gal… read more
How would you describe Langston Hughes? He’s been referred to as the Harlem Renaissance’s greatest poet, a creative powerhouse who was, at one point in his career, “critically, the most abused poet in America.” […]